12th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision
Halifax, Nova Scotia.   June 3-5, 2015.
Welcome to the home page for CRV 2015 which will be held at Dalhousie
and at Saint Mary's Universities.
CRV is an annual conference hosted in Canada, and co-located with Graphics Interface (GI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). A single registration covers attendance in all three conferences. Please see the AI/GI/CRV general conference website for more information.
The CRV proceedings is published through the IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS) . As in previous years, the proceedings also will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library. See archive for past CRV proceedings which have appeared in Xplore every year since 2004.
- Call For Papers
- We are excited to announce the Keynote speakers for 2015: Kostas Daniilidis (U. Penn) and Demetri Terzopoulos (UCLA), along with the Symposium lineup which includes 16 invited speakers.
In 2004, the 17th Vision Interface conference was renamed the 1st Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision.
In 2011, the name was shortened to Conference on Computer and Robot Vision.
CRV is sponsored by the Canadian Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Society (CIPPRS).
|Paper submission :||Tues. March 3, 2015 midnight (no extensions)|
|Decisions announced:||Fri. March 27, 2015|
|Revised camera-ready papers:||Mon. April 13, 2015|
|Conference||June 3-5, 2015|
CRV 2015 Program
- President: Gregory Dudek, McGill University
- Secretary: Jim Little, UBC
- Treasurer: John Barron, Western University
CRV 2015 Program Co-Chairs
- Michael Langer, McGill University
- Faisal Qureshi, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
CRV 2015 Program Committee
- Mohand Said Allili, Université du Québec en Outaoauis, Canada
- Robert Allison, York University, Canada
- Alexander Andreopoulos, IBM Research, Canada
- John Barron, Western University, Canada
- Steve Beauchemin, Western University, Canada
- Robert Bergevin, Université Laval, Canada
- Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau, École Polytechnique Montréal, Canada
- Pierre Boulanger, University of Alberta, Canada
- Jeffrey Boyd, University of Calgary, Canada
- Marcus Brubaker, University of Toronto, Canada
- Neil Bruce, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Gustavo Carneiro, University of Adelaide, Australia
- James Clark, McGill University, Canada
- David Clausi, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Dana Cobzas, University of Alberta, Canada
- Jack Collier, DRDC Suffield, Canada
- Kosta Derpanis, Ryerson University, Canada
- Gregory Dudek, McGill University, Canada
- James Elder, York University, Canada
- Mark Eramian, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Frank Ferrie, McGill University, Canada
- Alexander Ferworn, Ryerson University, Canada
- Paul Fieguth, Waterloo, Canada
- Brian Funt, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Philippe Giguère, Laval University, Canada
- Yogesh Girdhar, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institition, USA
- Minglun Gong, Memorial University, Canada
- Michael Greenspan, Queens University, Canada
- Kamal Gupta, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Wolfgang Heidrich, University of British Columbia
- Jesse Hoey, University of waterloo, Canada
- Andrew Hogue, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Randy Hoover, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, USA
- Martin Jagersand, University of Alberta, Canada
- Michael Jenkin, York University, Canada
- Allan Jepson, University of Toronto, Canada
- Hao Jiang, Boston College, USA
- Pierre-Marc Jodoin, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
- Dana Kulic, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Jonathan Kelly, University of Toronto, Canada
- Robert Laganiere, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Jean-Francois Lalonde, Laval University, Canada
- Tian Lan, Stanford University, USA
- Jochen Lang, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Catherine Laporte, ETS Montreal, Canada
- Denis Laurendeau, Laval University, Canada
- Howard Li, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Jim Little, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Shahzad Malik, University of Toronto, Canada
- Scott McCloskey, Honeywell Labs, USA
- David Meger, McGill University, Canada
- Jean Meunier, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Max Mignotte, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Gregor Miller, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Greg Mori, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Christopher Pal, École Polytechnique Montréal, Canada
- Pierre Payeur, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Cédric Pradalier, Georgia Tech. Lorraine, France
- Yiannis Rekleitis, University of South Carolina, USA
- Sébastien Roy, Université de Monteral, Canada
- Junaed Sattar, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Christian Scharfenberger, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Angela Schoellig, University of Toronto, Canada
- Kaleem Siddiqi, McGill University, Canada
- Gunho Sohn, York University, Canada
- Minas Spetsakis, York University, Canada
- Uwe Stilla, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
- Babak Taati, University of Toronto, Canada
- Graham Taylor, University of Guelph, Canada
- Chi Hay Tong, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- John Tsotsos, York University, Canada
- Olga Veksler, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Ruisheng Wang, University of Calgary, Canada
- Yang Wang, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Steven Waslander, Waterloo University, Canada
- Alexander Wong, Waterloo University, Canada
- Robert Woodham, University of British Columbia
- Yijun Xiao, University of Edinburgh United Kingdom
- Herb Yang, University of Alberta, Canada
- Alper Yilmaz, Ohio State University, USA
- John Zelek, University of Waterloo Ontario, Canada
- Hong Zhang, University of Alberta, Canada
CRV 2015 will feature 8 exciting symposia on subtopics related to computer and robot vision.
- Tim Barfoot, Univ. of Toronto
"Long-Term Visual Route Following for Mobile Robots"
- Howard Li, Univ. of New Brunswick
"Perception, Navigation and Target Localization for Autonomous UAVs"
Human-Robot Interaction and Assistive Tech
- Dana Kulic, Univ. of Waterloo
"Human Motion Analysis for Rehabilitation"
- Babak Taati, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
Vision and Learning
- Graham Taylor, Univ. of Guelph
"Learning Representations with Multiplicative Interactions"
- Yang Wang, Univ. of Manitoba
- Sanja Fidler, Univ. of Toronto
- Raquel Urtasun, Univ. of Toronto
"Visual Scene Understanding for Autonomous Driving"
- Steve Beauchemin, Western
Vision for Graphics
- Jean-Francois Lalonde, Laval Univ.
"Lighting Estimation in Outdoor Image Collections"
- Minglun Gong, Memorial Univ.
"Modeling and analyzing 3D shapes using clues from 2D images"
Novel Imaging Techniques
- Marcus Brubaker, Univ. of Toronto
""Microscopic Advances with Large-scale Learning: Stochastic Optimization for Electron Cryomicroscopy"
- Sebastien Roy, Univ. de Montreal
"The Omnipolar Camera"
Links to Previous Conferences
Below are links to web pages of past CRV meetings. For links to the CRV proceedings in Xplore and for links to Vision Interface (pre 2014) web pages, see the Archives pages on the CIPPRS website.
- CRV 2004: London, Ontario, 17-19 May 2004.
- CRV 2005: Victoria, British Columbia, 9-11 May 2005
- CRV 2006: Quebec City, Quebec, 7-9 May 2006
- CRV 2007: Montreal, Quebec, 28-30 May 2007
- CRV 2008: Windsor, Ontario, 28-30 May 2008
- CRV 2009: Kelowna, British Columbia, 25-27 May 2009
- CRV 2010: Ottawa, Ontario, 31 May-2 June 2010
- CRV 2011: St-John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, May-25-27, 2011
- CRV 2012: Toronto, Ontario, May-28-30, 2012
- CRV 2013: Regina, Saskatchewan, May 28-31, 2013
- CRV 2014: Montreal, Quebec, May 7-9, 2014