14th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision
Edmonton, Alberta   May 16-19, 2017.
Welcome to the home page for CRV 2017 which will be held at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
CRV is an annual conference hosted in Canada, and co-located with Graphics Interface (GI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). A single registration covers attendance in all three conferences. Please see the AI/GI/CRV general conference website for more information.
The CRV proceedings are published through the Conference Publishing Services (CPS). Accepted papers will be submitted to Xplore. Xplore has published CRV accepted papers since 2004.
- August 16, 2016: Website updated for 2017 conference. Stay tuned for more details soon.
AwardsCongratulations to the 2016 award winners.
- CIPPRS Research Excellence Award: Alan Jepsen
- CIPPRS Service Excellence Award: Philippe Giguere
- Best Robotic Vision Paper Award:Light at the End of the Tunnel: High-Speed, Lidar-Based Train Localization in Challenging Underground Environments
Tyler Daoust, Francois Pomerleau and Timothy Barfoot
- Best Computer Vision Paper Award:Learning Neural Networks with Ranking-based Losses for Action Retrieval
Md Atiqur Rahman and Yang Wang
- CIPPRS 2015 Doctoral Dissertation Award: Prior Knowledge for Targeted Object Segmentation in Medical
Masoud S. Nosrati, Simon Fraser University
- CIPPRS 2015 Doctoral Dissertation Award (Honorable Mention): The Geometry of Cardiac Myofibers
Emmanuel Piuze, McGill University
|Paper submission||February 3, 2017, 11:59 PM PST|
|Acceptance/rejection notification||March 17, 2017|
|Revised camera-ready papers||April 3, 2017|
|Early registration||April 10, 2017|
|Conference||May 16-19, 2017|
In 2004, the 17th Vision Interface conference was renamed the 1st Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision.
In 2011, the name was shortened to Conference on Computer and Robot Vision.
CRV is sponsored by the Canadian Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Society (CIPPRS).
CRV 2017 Program
The program will be posted upon finalization in March.
CRV 2017 Program Co-Chairs
- Steven L. Waslander, University of Waterloo
- James Elder, York University
CRV 2017 Program Committee
- Mohand Said Allili, Universite du Quebec en Outaoauis, Canada
- Robert Allison, York University, Canada
- Alexander Andreopoulos, IBM Research, Canada
- Daniel Asmar, American University of Beirut, Egypt
- Charbel Azzi, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Martin Barczyk, University of Alberta, Canada
- Tim Barfoot, University of Toronto, Canada
- John Barron, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Beno Benhabib, University of Toronto, Canada
- Robert Bergevin, Universite Laval, Canada
- Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau, Ecole Polytechnique Montreal, Canada
- Pierre Boulanger, University of Alberta, Canada
- Jeffrey Boyd, University of Calgary, Canada
- Alexandra Branzan Albu, University of Victoria, Canada
- Michael Brown, York University, Canada
- Marcus Brubaker, University of Toronto, Canada
- Neil Bruce, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Tien Bui, Concordia, Canada
- Gustavo Carneiro, University of Adelaide, Australia
- David Clausi, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Jack Collier, DRDC Suffield, Canada
- Marc-Antoine Drouin, National Research Council, Canada
- Gregory Dudek, McGill University, Canada
- Mark Eramian, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Paul Fieguth, Waterloo, Canada
- Philippe Giguere, Laval University, Canada
- Yogesh Girdhar, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, USA
- Michael Greenspan, Queens University, Canada
- Wolfgang Heidrich, University of British Columbia
- Andrew Hogue, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Randy Hoover, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, USA
- Michael Jenkin, York University, Canada
- Hao Jiang, Boston College, USA
- Pierre-Marc Jodoin, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
- Jonathan Kelly, University of Toronto, Canada
- Jean-Francois Lalonde, Laval University, Canada
- Tian Lan, Stanford University, USA
- Jochen Lang, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Michael Langer, McGill University, Canada
- Cathy Laporte, ETS Montreal, Canada
- Tuotuo Li, Intel Research, USA
- Jim Little, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Shahzad Malik, University of Toronto, Canada
- Scott McCloskey, Honeywell Labs, USA
- David Meger, McGill University, Canada
- Gregor Miller, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Greg Mori, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Vida Movahedi, Seneca College, Canada
- Pierre Payeur, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Cedric Pradalier, Georgia Tech. Lorraine, France
- Yiannis Rekleitis, University of South Carolina, USA
- Junaed Sattar, Clarkson University, USA
- Hicham Sekkati, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Mohamed Shehata, Memorial University, Canada
- Gunho Sohn, York University, Canada
- Minas Spetsakis, York University, Canada
- Uwe Stilla, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
- Graham Taylor, University of Guelph, Canada
- Olga Veksler, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Ruisheng Wang, University of Calgary, Canada
- Yang Wang, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Alexander Wong, Waterloo University, Canada
- Yijun Xiao, University of Edinburgh United Kingdom
- Herb Yang, University of Alberta, Canada
- James Everett Young, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Hong Zhang, University of Alberta, Canada
- President: Mike Jenkin, York University
- Treasurer: John Barron, Western University
- Secretary: Jim Little, University of British Columbia
We will have two Keynote speakers in 2017, to be announced shortly.
CRV 2017 will once again feature eight exciting symposia on subtopics related to computer and robot vision. These symposia will be announced shortly.
Links to Previous Conferences
This page archives historical content from past CRV meetings. A second source for some of this information is maintained at the CIPPRS website.
- CRV 2016: Victoria, British Columbia, Jun 1-3, 2016
- CRV 2015: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Jun 3-5, 2015
- CRV 2014: Montreal, Quebec, May 7-9, 2014
- CRV 2013: Regina, Saskatchewan, May 28-31, 2013
- CRV 2012: Toronto, Ontario, May-28-30, 2012
- CRV 2011: St-John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, May-25-27, 2011
- CRV 2010: Ottawa, Ontario, 31 May-2 June 2010
- CRV 2009: Kelowna, British Columbia, 25-27 May 2009
- CRV 2008: Windsor, Ontario, 28-30 May 2008
- CRV 2007: Montreal, Quebec, 28-30 May 2007
- CRV 2006: Quebec City, Quebec, 7-9 May 2006
- CRV 2005: Victoria, British Columbia, 9-11 May 2005
- CRV 2004: London, Ontario, 17-19 May 2004.
Description : Edmonton Skyline, Feb 2, 2012
Credit : © Kurt Bauschardt, Creative Commons BY-SA 2.0.